Monday, August 23, 2010

Keeping Small Bills and Coins Inventory


When our hospital was yet small, we had a centralized cashiering system which services from all departments are paid to the one and only cashier's booth/office. By the time I joined the Finance Department (and we were all called "Accounting Staff") volumes started to pick up and so a 24 hour cashiering became necessary. Alas! And there is only one official cashier! And so we had it that one of the staffs of the Billing Section was given a work schedule at 2:00-10:00 pm. That meant, after all the "accounting staffs" are off at 5:00 pm he'll be left to do the second shift cashiering as well as act as admission officer while working on his actual job description as bookkeeper. And the rest of us took turns by pair (as scheduled) as cashiers and billing officer respectively on weekends and holidays. Unfortunately though (or fortunately for a casual worker) each time I don't have the schedule the assigned (especially among the lady staffs)cashier would ask me to take her turn! In short on all weekends and holidays I'd be in the office as either cashier or billing officer (b.o. when my partner happens to be a lady no matter how senior she may be; and cashier when a senior male staff was my partner.) Because by that time, I am the newest "accounting staff". (To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment